Systems/Sales Engineer (SE)
Job ID: JO5406
Location: New York, NY
Key Skills: Sales Engineer, SE, network engineering, TCP/IP, network security,Windows, Unix Administration, Red Hat Linux, MySQL, MSSQL,firewalls, encryption technologies
- 3+ years of experience working in a technical capacity within a Sales team, with a background in network engineering
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking, network security concepts, tools and techniques
- Understanding of both Windows and Unix administration
- Strong knowledge of Red Hat Linux, MYSQL, MSSQL and basic scripting
- Knowledge of information security products and techniques: vulnerability scanners, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, encryption technologies, VPNs, etc. Penetration testing knowledge is a plus, but not required.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both in person and over the phone
- Good teamwork, interpersonal and customer relations skills and strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Willingness and ability to adapt to a constantly changing business and technical environment
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred
Seeking a Systems/Sales Engineer (SE) to work with a Central Region Sales team. The SE works closely with Sales team in executing the technical aspects of the sales strategy as well as working towards increasing the acceptance, adoption, and usage of company products within a client organization to create selling opportunities. The SE also works with the Marketing department to provide a technical presence in virtual marketing events as well as traveling to industry trade shows to provide technical demonstrations and presentations.
This position requires the ability to deliver technical presentations to network and security professionals both in person and via phone/web conferencing. The role involves the development and maintenance of strong technical relationships with company's partners, customers and engineering team in order to establish new opportunities and support existing ones. Along with pre-sales responsibilities, SEs also provide product training to current customers, partners and prospects and conduct vulnerability assessments as part of company's software and services offerings.
This position involves approximately 40% travel.
To apply for this position please submit an MS Word doc of your resume and put in the subject Job ID JO5406 to make sure your resume quickly gets routed to the appropriate recruiter.